Good news can be simplified into a template. The salary increment letter sample template lets you share the news of an increase in salary in the form of a letter. If want to give your employees some good news, a salary increment letter sample template decreases the time you spend formatting. It also makes sure that you have the important items such as the name of the company, the name of the employee and the salary increase. The salary increment letter samples do give you room to personalize it. Do not forget to answer important question like when the increase will be effective.
A salary increment letter sample can also be used by the employee to request a salary increase. Before you ask your boss for a raise, make sure your presentation is professional. A salary increase letter is the first step in requesting a raise. A salary increase letter lets you state all the reasons the raise has been earned by you. Your past job performance, achievements and your longevity can all be discussed within the letter. If you are aware of any issues within the company, you can also bring it up in this letter. The letter is supposed to spark open dialogue between you and your boss.
If you are ready to send your employees, the great news. You can download a salary increment letter template today. Here are 5 samples to help you with you task.
If you are an employee who is struggling with what to say in their salary increase letter, download one of our free templates to get inspiration and to make sure your formatting is professional. It can make the difference in you being successful or not.
Sample Salary Increment Letter to Employee,
Sample Salary Increment Letter To Boss,
Salary Increment Request Letter Sample,
Salary Increment Letter from Employer,
Salary Increment Letter Format,
Salary Adjustment Letter Sample,
Increment Letter Format for Word,
Salary Increment Letter After 2 or more than 1.5 Years,
Salary Increment Letter From Company,
Salary Increment Request Letter Format,
Salary Increment Letter After 1 Year,
Salary Increase Proposal Letter,
Salary Increase Recommendation Letter Template,
Sample Follow Up Letter for Salary Increment,
Things to Include In Your Salary Increment Letter:
- Why You Are Asking – You should explain to your boss the reasons that you think you deserve a pay rise. This could be because you have taken on extra responsibilities from the time you started the role or that you are being paid less than the average salary for your specific role.
- Why the Request Is Justified – You should list all the reasons why you think the raise is justified. Include specific examples of things that you have done above the requirements of your role and how this has helped the company.
- You Are Open to Negotiation – Make it clear that you are open to negotiation when it comes to your increase. It may be that the company are not able to afford what you are asking for at the moment but they may be able to six months down the line. If you are prepared to wait then you will get the increase that you have been hoping for.
Things to Avoid When Asking For Salary Increment:
- Acting as Though You Are Entitled – You may have been working at the same company for a long time but if you only do the bare minimum of work that you need to each day you have not really done anything to deserve a raise. Acting as though you are entitled to a raise when you have done nothing to earn it is not going to get you anywhere.
- Bringing Up Other Grievances – Asking for a raise should only be about your performance at your job. The chances are that your boss is aware of any issues that are occurring around the office and complaining about these is only going to make you appear self-absorbed.
- Asking at The Wrong Time – If your company is going through a rough patch at the moment and sales and profits are not what they were then this is not a good time to ask for a raise. It will make you look greedy and appear as if you do not really care about the company as a whole.